Friday, October 10, 2008

Back to the BS

Friday October 10, 2008 7:36 pm.

While I have been completely immersed in the business world of Trustee Meetings for the past two days, the election has only briefly been in my mind since the debate... And while this is still a great concern among everybody, it appears that you can only beat that horse so long...

That is why the BBC, instead, is writing articles on an ethics report on Sarah Palin that no one has read yet... and also on McCain's campaign messages accusing Obama of having ties to terrorists.

In their Day in a Nutshell segment, they are talking about troopergate.. Again, it is hard to talk about how this is framed because it appears to me that they are unbiased, presenting only the facts, and all the he said she said garbage. In editorials, they allow authors to write what they think... but even then, they have pretty fairly balanced representation from both sides of the specturm. I did notice today, though... they featured quotes from both of the candidates' wives.

They quoted Michelle Obama from her appearance this week on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with John Stewart
. It quotes her saying, "I put myself in the position of a voter, and I tell him, if I don't believe you, I'm not voting for you, buddy."

As for Cindy, she says, "I have very distinct things that I like. I have very distinct opinions. Just because I choose to be a little less overt out on the campaign [trail] doesn't mean I'm anything less than very opinionated and very intelligent." That is from an interview with Good Housekeeping...

I don't think that what they said is important... it's more about who they said it to... The Daily Show shows that Obama is reaching out to the younger voters... Good Housekeeping is to upper-middle class white women...

The BBC doesn't say this... but what this election comes down to is who is going to show up on election day....

No comments: